Tag Archives: jovenes
well I finished my first bible cover, this one for my daughter with the colours she likes…
By Clicking on this image you will be taken to the original page.
Pictures of the product will be post soon…
I’ve made a skirt for my niece, but l liked it so much that have to made one for me too.
Not been able to do any out door activity, because of the rainy weather and not having the resource to take them anywhere, I try to keep my kids busy, because as any other kids they love to watch TV and play VG, but I always try to involved them in different thins like, helping me making snacks, desert (which they love), and because I like to sew from time to time I asked them if they want to make something or wanted me to make something for them.
This time one of my son’s wanted something different than a stuffed animal, or cloth, he told me that he wanted something bigger, not knowing what to make, I just went and look where I store some of the fabric that was given to me by a neighbor and found that I’ve had few fabric with cartoon prints , I show them to my son and asked him if he likes them, he’s responded affirmatively, we started looking for ideas an came across some quilting images which he like, and we started working immediately.
We first looked information ONLINE, because I’ve never done it before and I’m not going to lye to you, it’s pretty scary as you read the information on how to work a quilt, all the #, math and measures, that involved. But it was for my son, so I was ready to give it a try, hopefully he like it at the end.
not finished yet !!!!
ahhh!!! what a work, not easy at all to please a teenager this days. My daughter just turned 15 few days ago, but before that day came, I wanted to make her a dress, a simple one, to take a picture of her, to remember, you know memories from that only, unique, special day. I knew that in our situation, I couldn’t make her anything fancy, you see I move with my kids here to the US, about 5yrs now, I think just giving it a guest, well you get the idea, NO big Family here!!… but still I wanted to be a special day for her, and even if it was just us (her brothers, her, daddy and mommy) I was determine to make her that dress, and of course she had a to give her opinion (the most difficult part) because it was for her, and I knew she was not going to wear it if she didn’t like it, something I didn’t want it to happen after all the work I was going to put in to it. And you haven’t had the experience yet I advice you just to be patience.
1. Mom, I’m not getting married!!! to white!!!
2. I do like purple, but I’m not a lil gril anymore, it looks like a princess dress.
3. Oh! ok!, I like black, touches, finally you’re listening to me.
4. Yep!, looks modern, simple and I can wear it for different occasions. (before 5 we ran out of lace and was a journey trying to find the same lace which sadly we couldn’t find)
5. There’s always a plan – B, and that was the final result of our dress.
When my nice came to visit us on the summer, she was so excited, because it was her first time traveling on a plane she forgot alot of thing like sleeping cloth, thanks to a clearance in a local store l was able to buy enough to make her few so that she can wearer for the month.
1. Make sure to lay and align fabric flat.
2. Draw and cut pieces out according to given layout and measurements. (make sure to keep lines and angles straight
3. Straps sees layout – fold each strap along the fold line with ride side together and sew 1/4 seam leaving one end open turn and press.
4. lay dress front piece #2 ride side up. Lay open-ended strap at center front empire line. Baste strap in place. Fold bodice piece #1 wrong side together along the dotted line. Border print is on the outside. Lay bodice piece #1 right side together and pin to dress skirt piece#2. Lay second strap at the center front of empire line. Baste Sew all 4 pieces together using 1/2″ seam.
5. Dress back piece #3 Make elastic casing at upper back; turn under 1/2″ and press. Turn another 1″ press and edge Stich.
6. cut elastic according to size. insert 1″ elastic by pulling trough casting using a medium size safety-pin. gather all stirred fabric towards the middle and secure both ends of the elastic to each side of seam allowance.
7. pin front and back right side together and sew side seams using 1/2″ seam.
8. Finishing hem turn dress hem under 1/4″ and press. turn under 1/4″ again, and press and top Stich.